The early-bird entries price has been set at £49 for Association of Running Clubs (ARC) or UK Athletics (UKA) affiliated runners, £51 for unaffiliated. This equates to less than £1 per mile. When the early bird discount lapses the price will rise by £10.
The 2019 race will be on Saturday 27th April and is limited to 125 runners. Entries will be on a first come, first served basis and entries close on Thursday 25 April. Visit the Information page for details of entry requirements, minimum kit, what time to register on the morning of the race and a whole lot more.
This race is not being run for profit and any surplus funds will be donated to the Mendip Hills Fund, a community fund set up to conserve and enhance the environment, communities and economy of the Mendip Hills. The fund is a partnership between the Mendip Hills AONB and the Somerset Community Foundation.
Cancellation, refund and transfer policy:
- Entries can be cancelled up to three months before the race for a 50% refund (deadline: noon Sunday 27th January). No refund can be given for entries cancelled by competitors after this deadline.
- If the event does not go ahead for whatever reason we will give a full refund.
- Entries can be transferred to another runner up till two weeks before the race (deadline: noon Saturday 13 April). Entries can only be transferred to runners who have met the qualifying standard; any entries transferred to a runner who has not met the standard will be cancelled without refund.
- Cancellation and transfer requests should be sent to email@example.com
- Entries cannot be carried over to the 2020 race.
By entering the race you agree to the following disclaimer: “I declare that I am medically fit to enter this race. Under no circumstances will I hold the organisers of the race or the owners or occupiers of the land over which the race takes place liable for any accident, loss or damage as a result of my participation in the race. I understand that parts of this course are on paths that are not rights of way. In case of accident, I understand that it may take over 15 minutes for first aiders to reach me. I permit my details to be recorded for results purposes and used for race-related communications. By entering this event I agree to photographs taken on the day by approved photographers being used by Town & Country Harriers.
Furthermore, I declare that I have run a marathon distance (either as a race or in training) between 1st January 2018 and my date of entry.”