The Town & Country Harriers aim to present a club-organised race to the very highest standards while maintaining great value, so the early-bird entry prices have been set at £1 per mile:
BTU50: £50 for Association of Running Clubs (ARC) or UK Athletics (UKA) affiliated runners.
BTU56: £56 for affiliated runners.
£2 extra for unaffiliated runners in both races.
The early-bird discount applies until the end of New Year’s Day, at which point the above prices will rise by £10.
TACH is a not-for-profit community sports club, and so surplus proceeds from the race will be used for:
- A donation to the Mendip Hills Fund, a community fund set up to conserve and enhance the environment, communities and economy of the Mendip Hills. The fund is a partnership between the Mendip Hills AONB and the Somerset Community Foundation.
- Projects to improve the trails in the Mendips for trail runners and walkers alike, for example upgrading or maintaining stiles or gates.
The 2022 races will be on Saturday 23rd April and are limited to 75 runners in each distance. Entries will be on a first-come, first-served basis and close on Thursday 24th Feburary. Visit the Information page for details of entry requirements, minimum kit, what time to register on the morning of the race and a whole lot more.
TACH is pleased to support Visually-Impaired (VI) runners, who we welcome to enter the Butcombe Trail Ultra. The VI runner should enter as normal, then contact us and we will allocate a free entry to their nominated Guide Runner(s). Pairs must have experience of running together on equivalent terrain to that found in the race. Guides who intend to run the full distance must also meet the entry criteria.
Cancellation, refund and transfer policy:
- Entries can be cancelled up until four month before the race for a 90% refund (deadline: 24th December 2021). No refund can be given for entries cancelled by competitors after this deadline unless we have a waiting list, in which case current entrants will be notified and offered a later refund deadline.
- If the event does not go ahead for whatever reason (including cancellation due to COVID-19) we will give a full refund.
- Cancellation requests can be made by simply logging into your SI Entries account
- Entries cannot be deferred to a future race.
By entering the race you agree to the following disclaimer: “I declare that I am medically fit to enter this race. Under no circumstances will I hold the organisers of the race or the owners or occupiers of the land over which the race takes place liable for any accident, loss or damage as a result of my participation in the race. I understand that parts of this course are on paths that are not rights of way. In case of accident, I understand that it may take a considerable time for first-aiders or emergency services to reach me. I permit my details to be recorded for results purposes and used for race-related communications. By entering this event I agree to photographs taken on the day by approved photographers being used by Town & Country Harriers.
Furthermore, I declare that I have run a marathon distance (either as a race or in training) between 1st January 2021 and my date of entry.”